Monday, June 1, 2015

Izumo 33 Kannon Pilgrimage 13th & Final Day



The 13th and final day of my walk along the Izumo 33 Kannon pilgrimage was quite a short one, from Nogi just south of Matsue to Tamatsukuri Onsen. There were the final 2 temples to visit. There was a choice of routes, the shortest straight along Route 9. Hugging the shore of Lake Shinji it would be very noisy and busy with non stop traffic.


Another choice would be to go inland and then over and come into Tamatsukuri from behind. This would be fairly quiet and take me past a fertility shrine I had been wanting to revisit.


In the end I decide on the middle way. A route between the other two alternatives that will take me through an area I had not yet visited.


It was the peak of the cherry blossom season and Tamatsukuri has a river lined with cherry trees...


There's some nice modern architecture from one of my favorite architects, Shin Takamatsu...



and a replica of an ancient piece of architecture, a Yayoi Period dwelling.

3 comments:

  1. As usual very beautiful images.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful text and images. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are especially beautiful — the bell window & tree, the lanterns & cherry trees, the crane....

    ReplyDelete