Monday, April 4, 2011

Vacation 2010 Day 16: Exeter

dvn4871

My final stop on my 2010 vacation was in Exeter, a place I lived for a couple of years, but havent been back to since.

dvn4900

The town was the westernmost outpost of the Romans in the SW, and parts of the Roman wall still remain. The Cathedral was built in the early 12th Century.

dvn4891

Actually this was the first time I had been in the cathedral.

dvn4874

Traces of medieval buildings still abound, and the town is not such a bad place to live.

dvn4902

After the Cathedral I wandered down to the River Exe and the canal basin next to it before walking to the train station.

So thats it for my 2010 vacation. Right now I am on my 2011 vacation so will start posting on that in a few weeks when I return from the deserts of Morocco.

0 comments:

Post a Comment